Bhai Dooj is a festive occasion that symbolises the bond between brothers and sisters. Traditionally, it signifies the love shared by siblings.
On this special occasion, sisters apply `Tika` on their brothers` foreheads and offer prayers for their long and joyful lives. In return, both brothers and sisters exchange gifts and sweets.
According to Hindu mythology, the roots of Bhai Dooj can be traced back to the tale of Goddess Yamuna, who lovingly fed her brother Yamraj at her own abode on Kartik Dwitiya. This heartwarming story has led to the day being known as Yama Dwitiya.
Various ancient Hindu scriptures have also highlighted Bhai Dooj as a celebration that honors the enduring love and connection between brothers and sisters. Among the many stories associated with its origin, the ones featuring Lord Krishna and Yamraj are particularly renowned.
As we gear up to celebrate the bond between the siblings, here are a few wishes and messages to share with your sisters and brothers:
– Happy Bhai Dooj!
– I wish you a day filled with joy and a year of success and prosperity.
– May this Bhai Dooj bring you all the happiness.
– I wish you a wonderful and joyous Bhai Dooj!
– I wish you a long life full of happiness and peace.
– May this special day bring lots of love and happiness in your life.
– May the love between us always stay. Happy Bhai Dooj!
– Wishing you a Bhai Dooj filled with lots of love, happiness and laughter.
– Wishing you a lifetime of joy and togetherness. Happy Bhai Dooj!
– May this Bhai Dooj bring us closer to each other.