Buckingham Palace said King Charles was diagnosed with “a form of cancer” after he underwent a procedure for benign prostate enlargement. A statement issued by the Palace said King Charles commenced a schedule of treatments on Monday and doctors have advised him to postpone public-facing duties.
“He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible,” it added.
The news of King Charles’s diagnosis is being shared to “prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer”, said the Palace.
King Charles will continue to undertake state business and official paperwork as usual while he receives treatment.
The 75-year-old king underwent surgery for an enlarged prostate at The London Clinic last month. He was diagnosed with the benign condition on January 17 while staying at Birkhall, Aberdeenshire, after going for a check-up because he was experiencing symptoms.